Essential Vs Non-essential
| 2
Thread Actions

3/30/2020 at 7:24:17 PM GMT
Posts: 20
Essential Vs Non-essential
Please post your counties interpretation of essential vs non-essential.  Please indicate which county you are from.

3/31/2020 at 3:07:38 PM GMT
Posts: 20

Shayna Dye - Sauk County
Q - Are farmers markets essential?

A - Yes, see DATCP response: Essential retail food establishments
Grocery stores, bakeries, pharmacies, farm and
produce stands, supermarkets, food banks and food
pantries, convenience stores, and other
establishments engaged in the retail sale of
groceries, canned food, dry goods, frozen foods,
fresh fruits and vegetables, pet supply, fresh meats,
fish, poultry, prepared food, alcoholic and nonalcoholic
beverages, and any other household
consumer products (such as cleaning and personal
care products).

DATCP documents are uploaded below.

Last edited Tuesday, March 31, 2020
4/1/2020 at 2:12:23 PM GMT
Posts: 20
Brian Becker - Sawyer County - 4-1-2020

Q: Has anyone received an answer as to whether a Vape Shop is essential?

A: In consultation with the Public Health Law Center and the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC), it has been confirmed that vape, tobacco, and CBD shops are non-essential businesses according to Governor Evers’ Emergency Order #12 “Safer at Home Order.” As such, these businesses fall under the section 4b (page 4) of the order which requires closure of all places of “public amusement and activity.” This section does not provide any exceptions for delivery or drive up service.

Delivery of products from these businesses does not meet the requirements to qualify as “essential travel” under the order (see section 15 on page 15), nor does delivery qualify as “minimum basic operations” (see section 14, page 15). In summary, delivery of these items does not meet the essential travel and minimum basic operations definitions in the Safer at Home Order and should not take place. We will provide you with more information as it becomes available.

4/1/2020 at 2:13:28 PM GMT
Posts: 20
Carly Hegarty - Milwaukee - 4-1-2020

Q: See below. Have you had any other folks ask about these types of shops? Are you considering them religious?

According to their web site they are a "premier metaphysical shop. Crystals, sage, godess, God's and worship relics. Everything from pagan alter Tools to meditation supply. Antiques oddities to new retail."

Last edited Wednesday, April 1, 2020
4/1/2020 at 3:41:53 PM GMT
Posts: 20
Patty - Polk County - 4/1/2020

Q: One of our hotels has a questions regarding allowing someone to stay that should be under a 14 day self-quarantine due to traveling. Should they allow them?

A1: Ted Shove - Brown County - In Brown County, it is something we are closely looking at, the use of hotels. This alternative could be used especially for a first responder that has someone at home that is considered high risk and then it creates a barrier for disease transmission by keeping the potentially affected out of the home.

4/1/2020 at 8:22:18 PM GMT
Posts: 20
Allison - Green Lake and Marquette Counties - 4/1/2020

Q: I was wondering if you, or anyone else, has heard if farm related auctions (equipment, livestock, etc.) are considered essential

4/1/2020 at 8:22:20 PM GMT
Posts: 20
A moderator has removed this post.
4/7/2020 at 3:39:14 PM GMT
Posts: 20
Kristen Walters - Rusk County - 4-7-2020

Q: Has anyone done messaging about being outdoors during the COVID-19 Safer at Home order? Something to post at trails and parks telling people that while being outdoors is good for mental health that it is still important to practice social distancing and hand washing.

4/9/2020 at 1:51:38 PM GMT
Posts: 20

I have not yet reviewed your document, but I think you may find this Advisory issued by Sawyer County useful. This is an issue similar to what has been faced by many counties up north.

Some have issued statements like these through orders – some of which are being challenged in court now, from what I hear. We issued this as an Advisory, per the advice of legal council. See advisory below:

We are seeing this more with vacation homes and TRH’s right now rather than campgrounds, there is still some snow at our campgrounds right now… but I think the same principles apply: do not conduct non-essential travel, consider the medical care in the location you are traveling to, self quarantine when changing jurisdictions out of caution, if you develop symptoms, seek medical care.

Hope that helps, I will formally review later, but I am trying to track down a guy who called a radio show and said he was a diagnosed case of COVID 19 who traveled to Hayward to isolate. Lots of fun. Never tried to ask a radio producer for a phone number before.

4/13/2020 at 5:56:56 PM GMT
Posts: 20
Jen Comeau - Tremmpealeau Co - 4-13-2020

Q: Can you ask the group if there is any documentation or guidance for carry out alcohol? I am getting complaints in of placing mixing the drink (with alcohol) and selling it to go. I do believe that this would fall under open container – but does anyone have any guidance on this? Note: I have reached out to our sheriff’s department too. But looking for if anyone has guidance from state or what not.

A: As far as the alcohol sales, we would limit the sale to the requirements of their “off sale” license. They can only retail sell based on that which by the way is enforced by the municipality or township that issues the license and law enforcement.

A: In regards to the premixed drinks – those would be on an open intoxicant and not legal from my understanding. We have plenty of places that sell the ingredients to make specialty drinks (ie. A little bottle of alcohol, mixings and tomato juice for bloody mary’s) and then the consumer mixes at home.

A: 125.51  Retail licenses and permits.
(a) Subject to sub. (2) (e) 2., every municipal governing body may grant and issue “Class A" and “Class B" licenses for retail sales of intoxicating liquor, and “Class C" licenses for retail sales of wine, from premises within the municipality to persons entitled to a license under this chapter as the issuing municipal governing body deems proper and may authorize an official or body of the municipality to issue temporary “Class B" licenses under sub. (10). No “Class B" license may be issued to a winery under sub. (3) (am) unless the winery has been issued a permit under s. 125.53 and the winery is capable of producing at least 5,000 gallons of wine per year in no more than 2 locations.
(b) No member of the municipal governing body may hold a permit under s. 125.54 or, with respect to the issuance or denial of licenses under this section, do any act in violation of s. 19.59 (1).
1. Except as provided in subd. 2., the municipal governing body, or the duly authorized committee of a city council, shall meet not later than May 15 annually, and be in session from day to day thereafter so long as may be necessary, for the purpose of acting upon license applications filed with it on or before April 15. Subject to sub. (2) (e) 2., the governing body or committee shall grant, issue, or deny each application not later than June 15 for the ensuing license year. Licenses may be granted for issuance at a later date when the applicant has complied with all requirements for the issuance of the license. The governing body or committee may accept and act upon any application filed at any other time. The governing body or committee may not deny an application for renewal of an existing license unless a statement of the reason for the denial is included in its clerk's minutes.
2. The governing body of a 1st class city shall establish and publish notice of the dates on which it, or its duly authorized committee, will meet and act on license applications.
(a) A “Class A" license authorizes the retail sale of intoxicating liquor for consumption off the premises where sold and in original packages and containers.

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal