This page provides a number of resources for the public health worker, board member, or general public.
- Accreditation Preparation Resources and Technical Assistance
- Accreditation information. The Public Health Accreditation Board website provides an overview of a public health agency voluntary accreditation process, standards, eligibility and benefits. Accreditation is a mechanism by which local, state and territorial and tribal governmental public health agencies determine the degree to which they meet nationally-established standards. Public health agency accreditation is currently voluntary.
- Community Health Improvement Media Message Templates These media messages were designed to help increase local support of and engagement in community health improvement efforts. The messages can be used by any community agency, organization, or collaborative (e.g., hospital, local health department, United Way, healthy community coalition, etc.) that is conducting community health improvement efforts. The messages focus on the overall community health improvement effort as well as specific phases or aspects of the community health improvement effort.
- Diabetes Care
- Find your local health department
- Public health core functions and essential services
- Public health statutes, administrative rules, etc. The Division of Public Health currently conducts regular new board of health and new health officer trainings. A number of related resources can be found on this page.
- What is public health?
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services (includes the Division of Public Health)
- Wisconsin State Health Plan overview and links
- Other organizations of interest